BRAKE REPAIR AND SERVICING
How Your Brakes work
When you press down on the brake pedal of your car, this activates brake pads to engage with the spinning wheels, which slows your vehicle down or brings it to a complete stop. These brake pads use friction to grip the fast spinning wheels, making them very vulnerable to wear and tear.
Why You Need To Have Good Brakes On Your Car
The brakes on your car are extremely important for obvious reasons – they slow your vehicle down and stop your vehicle from moving when you need it to stop. Your brakes can literally save your life and help you avoid accidents while you are driving, therefore it is absolutely necessary to make sure your brakes are in perfect working order every time you drive.
Warning Signs That Indicate You Need To Get Your Brakes Checked By A Professional
The following is a list of warning signs which usually indicate that your brakes need servicing or replacing:
- You hear unusual sounds or grinding noises. If you notice that your car is making an unusual noise or grinding sound every time you press down on the brake pedal, this could be a sign that your brake pads need adjusting or replacing. If you do hear grinding noises when you brake, this can indicate that your brake pads are completely worn out and they need to be replaced immediately. If you continue to drive with worn out brake pads, you take the risk of causing an accident while driving, as well as damaging the braking mechanism on your vehicle.
- The brake warning lights on your dashboard light up. If you notice the brake warning light is ON, this normally means that you are running low on brake fluid. It usually also means that you have a leak somewhere along your brake line which needs to be repaired immediately.
- Your vehicle starts pulling to one side when you brake. If your car starts pulling or moving to one side when you brake, this usually indicates that your brakes are maladjusted and need to be realigned. It can also indicate there is brake fluid leaking somewhere along the brake line or your brake pads are totally worn out and need to be replaced.
- Something doesn’t feel right when you press down on your brake pedal. If your brake pedal feels stiff or it is slow to react when you try to use the brakes on your vehicle, this can indicate that you have air in your brake lines or you are low on brake fluid.
- Your vehicle vibrates and shutters when you brake. If your brake pedal, steering wheel or entire vehicle shakes and vibrates when you brake, this can indicate your vehicle has damaged brake rotors that need to be replaced.
If you notice any of these warning signs that your brakes may need replacing, or you simply notice a difference in the performance of your brakes, then you need to address this problem immediately. Your vehicle’s brakes are extremely important to your safety and the safety of others on the road. Contact Bob at Bob Hunt Automatics and he will setup an appointment for you. He will thoroughly check the condition of the brakes on your vehicle and make sure you are safe while you drive. Bob is fully qualified, has decades of experience and is one of the Hunter Valley’s premiere specialists that deal with brake issues on your vehicle. Click HERE to contact Bob and setup your appointment or call 02 4933 1141